Last Revised: November 12, 2015
1. Your Consent (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!)
2. Which information we may collect on our Users?
We may collect two types of data and information from our Users:
- The first type of information is non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the User from which we have collected Non- personal Information. Non-Personal Information is any unconcealed information which is available to us while Users are using the Site and/or Service. Non-personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information and behavioral information, including, but not limited to, the User's operating system, type of browser, screen resolution, Flash version, the User's 'click-stream' on the Site, the period of time the User visited the Site, etc. .
The second type of information is individually identifiable information ("Personal Information").
This information may identify an individual or may be of a private and/or sensitive nature. Personal Information which is being gathered consists of any personal details provided consciously and voluntarily by the User:
- User’s contact information such as name, phone number and email address;
- User's IP address;
- User’s information relating to investment preferences and strategy, such as age, time horizon, risk tolerance, net worth and desired filtering priorities for viewing investment choices from different financial service providers; and
Furthermore, if you choose to use a premium service offered by FeeX, such as the Old 401(k) Retrieval Feature, we may require your Social Security Number, Date of Birth and other personal information in order to retrieve your old 401(k) account. Such information is merely used for purposes of interacting with your financial service provider and completing the service and shall not be stored by FeeX in our databases. Additionally, we may also collect and store financial data from your individual retirement account(s), 401(k) plan and other workplace retirement plan accounts, brokerage accounts and mutual fund accounts, including account numbers, account access information, identity of financial service providers, investment holdings, fee billings and deductions, purchases, sales and other transactions.
Furthermore, if you choose to use a premium service offered by FeeX, such as the 401(k) Retrieval Feature, we may collect your information as is necessary for the processing of premium feature payment via our third party payment service provider. Such information may include your credit card details and other account information. It is your voluntary decision whether to provide any such Personal Information, but if you choose not to do so we may will not be able to have your payments processed and/or offer you the premium feature(s).
Please note that if you choose to provide FeeX with Data through the "Link Accounts" option, FeeX will only use your respective log-in credentials in order to retrieve the Data you have authorized FeeX to retrieve.
- In the course of providing the Service FeeX may learn demographic information about you such as employment history, savings and investment history, educational attainment, gender and interests.
- Your Data is used in order to provide the Service provided in the Site.
3. How Do We Collect Information on Our Users?
There are two main methods we use:
- We collect Non-personal Information through your use of the Site and/or Service. In other words, when you are using the Site and/or Service we are aware of it and may gather, collect and record the information relating to such usage, either independently or through the help of third-party services as detailed below
- We collect Personal Information which you provide us voluntarily. We collect Personal Information required to operate the Service when you register and open a User Account by completing the registration form. In addition, we collect your personal financial information (i.e, the Data), which may be considered as personally identifiable, whether you provide us such information by entering it manually or via the "Link Accounts" option, by providing us with the access to your financial institutions' accounts, or by using and paying for the 401(k) Retrieval Feature.
4. What are the Purposes of the Collection of Information?
Non-personal Information is collected in order to:
- Create aggregated statistical data for research purposes and customization and improvement of the Site and/or Service. Personal Information is collected in order to:
- Operate the Service (i.e. receive the relevant information regarding the fees the User is paying for financial products or services in his or her financial portfolio, process such information through our proprietary technology and provide the Users with optimal fees information).
- Be able to contact Users for the purpose of providing them with technical assistance, reminders and other related information to the Service and collect feedback regarding the Service.
- Determine general geolocation information (i.e., country) and to direct the User to the relevant FeeX site.
- In the event that the User provided his/ her age to FeeX, FeeX will use it to provide the User with the Service (including determining years left for retirement).
- For market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity.
- To third-party contractors that provide services to FeeX.
- For risk control, for fraud detection and prevention, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements.
5. Sharing Information with Third Parties
6. Modification or Deletion of Personal Information
If for any reason you wish to modify your Personal Information (such as accounts linked through the Service) you may do so on the Site by clicking the "Settings" option. In order to delete your Personal Information completely please send us an email to: email@example.com, and we will make reasonable efforts to delete any such Personal Information within a reasonable timeframe following your request pursuant to any applicable privacy laws. If you wish to subscribe to our updates on your accounts, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our updates or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us at the information below.
However, please note that although your Account and Personal Information related thereto may be removed from our databases, FeeX will retain the anonymous information contained in the Data you provided, and such information will continue to be used by us for the purpose of operating the Service, i.e. use such information for fees comparison requested by other Users.
7. Cookies & Local Storage
When you access or use the Service, Company may use industry-wide technologies such as "cookies" or similar technologies, which stores certain information on your computer ("Local Storage") and which will allow us to enable automatic activation of certain features, and make your Service experience much more convenient and effortless. The cookies used by the Service are created per session and registration does not include any information about you, other than your session key (usually removed as your session ends) and the ability to login again quickly. It is easy to prohibit the Local Storage. Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer's hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. However, if you block or erase cookies your online experience with the Service may be limited.
We take a great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the FeeX Site and our Users’ Personal Information. The Personal Information is hosted on the Amazon Cloud which provides advanced security features. FeeX employs industry standard procedures to ensure the safety of its Users’ Personal Information, and prevent unauthorized use of any such information. However, we do not guarantee that unauthorized access will never occur.
9. Third Party Software/Service
While using the Site and/or Service we may be using third party software and/or services, in order to collect and/or process the information detailed herein and/or improve our service. Such software includes without limitation;
iii. VisualWebsiteOptimizer, which privacy is available at:
11. Have any Questions?