Investment Test Drive

TCSHX Transamerica Strategic High Income C

3 lower fee alternatives found

FeeX scanned the market for similar funds with lower fees and better past returns
Show results with
Fund TCSHX Transamerica Strategic High Income C VWINX Vanguard Wellesley® Income Inv YLD Principal EDGE Active Income ETF  
100% 85% 87%
Annual Fees
(1.97% Exp. Ratio)
(0.23% Exp. Ratio)
(0.96% Exp. Ratio)
Future Est. Balance in 30 yrs
Assuming 3.71% annual return
$16,412.53 $27,823.04 $22,321.55
Est. savings over 30 yrs +$11,410.51 +$5,909.02
As of 11/30/16
1 YR RETURN 5.05%
3 YR --
5 YR --
10 YR --
1 YR RETURN 5.80%
3 YR 5.57%
5 YR 7.54%
10 YR 6.58%
1 YR RETURN 11.85%
3 YR --
5 YR --
10 YR --
The investment seeks current income while providing long-term capital appreciation. The fund's sub-adviser deploys an active strategy that normally seeks to invest in a range of securities, including primarily U.S. stocks with market capitalizations in excess of $3 billion, preferred stocks, and income producing fixed income securities. The fund invests in a diversified portfolio of credit and equity securities and may shift its investments from one asset class to another in order to achieve the fund's income objective.
The investment seeks to provide long-term growth of income and a high and sustainable level of current income, along with moderate long-term capital appreciation. The fund invests approximately 60% to 65% of its assets in investment-grade corporate, U.S. Treasury, and government agency bonds, as well as mortgage-backed securities. The remaining 35% to 40% of fund assets are invested in common stocks of companies that have a history of above-average dividends or expectations of increasing dividends.
The investment seeks to provide current income. The fund is an actively managed exchange-traded fund ("ETF") that seeks to achieve its investment objective by investing, under normal circumstances, its assets in investment grade and non-investment grade fixed income securities (commonly known as "junk bonds") and in equity securities. The fund's Sub-Advisors, actively and tactically allocates the fund's assets among fixed income securities and equity securities in an effort to take advantage of changing economic conditions that Edge believes favors one asset class over another.

Join FeeX to view all alternatives, get more data and filtering options, and be able to automatically scan all your investments for lower fee replacements.

It's free!

The fees, balance and savings information above are estimated numbers, based on the data FeeX had at the day of publication, but may not be accurate due to incomplete or erroneous data.

The best choice is based on a combined analysis of lowest fees and highest similarity to the original fund.


FeeX's similarity algorithm analyzes over 15 investment characteristics like investment category, asset allocation, strategy, geographical allocation and more. FeeX gives each its own weight and calculates the similarity of any two investments based on a scale of 0 to 100%. Funds with a similarity ranking of 85% and higher are considered "similar".

Yes, funds and ETFs charge fees

Deep within every fund you own lies a hidden fee called expense ratio. It takes away a set % of your savings each and every year. It can often be easily reduced by switching to similar investments with lower expense ratios.


Your Feedback has been sent successfully!