Investment Test Drive

SEDIX SEI Defensive Strategy I (SAAT)

2 lower fee alternatives found

FeeX scanned the market for similar funds with lower fees and better past returns
Show results with
Fund SEDIX SEI Defensive Strategy I (SAAT) FASIX Fidelity Asset Manager® 20% EVVCX EValuator Very Conservative RMS Inv  
100% 85% 85%
Annual Fees
(1.33% Exp. Ratio)
(0.53% Exp. Ratio)
(1.22% Exp. Ratio)
Future Est. Balance in 30 yrs
Assuming 2.49% annual return
$13,997.06 $17,833.91 $14,472.83
Est. savings over 30 yrs +$3,836.85 +$475.78
As of 12/31/16
1 YR RETURN 2.21%
3 YR 1.19%
5 YR 1.49%
10 YR 0.69%
1 YR RETURN 4.70%
3 YR 2.81%
5 YR 4.07%
10 YR 3.90%
1 YR RETURN 2.71%
3 YR 1.37%
5 YR --
10 YR --
The investment seeks to manage risk of loss while providing current income and opportunity for limited capital appreciation. The fund predominantly invests in other SEI Funds, each of which has its own investment goal (the underlying SEI Funds). The underlying SEI Funds invest, in turn, in securities and other instruments of various asset classes. The fund's assets may be diversified across underlying SEI bond and money market funds, equity funds, real estate funds and multi-asset funds.
The investment seeks a high level of current income; capital appreciation is a secondary consideration. The fund allocates its assets among three main asset classes: the stock class (equity securities of all types), the bond class (fixed-income securities of all types maturing in more than one year, including lower-quality debt securities which are sometimes referred to as high yield debt securities or junk bonds), and the short-term/money market class (fixed-income securities of all types maturing in one year or less).
The investment seeks as a primary objective to provide income and as a secondary objective stability of principal. The fund normally invests in the securities of other investment companies (including open-end funds, ETFs) and closed-end funds. It will allocate 85%-99% of its assets into a variety of underlying funds that focus on investments in fixed income securities (e.g., money markets and bonds) that possess varying qualities of credit and duration. The remaining 1%-15% of its allocation will be dedicated to investments in underlying funds that focus on investments in equity securities that have the potential of paying dividends on an annual basis.

Join FeeX to view all alternatives, get more data and filtering options, and be able to automatically scan all your investments for lower fee replacements.

It's free!

The fees, balance and savings information above are estimated numbers, based on the data FeeX had at the day of publication, but may not be accurate due to incomplete or erroneous data.

The best choice is based on a combined analysis of lowest fees and highest similarity to the original fund.


FeeX's similarity algorithm analyzes over 15 investment characteristics like investment category, asset allocation, strategy, geographical allocation and more. FeeX gives each its own weight and calculates the similarity of any two investments based on a scale of 0 to 100%. Funds with a similarity ranking of 85% and higher are considered "similar".

Yes, funds and ETFs charge fees

Deep within every fund you own lies a hidden fee called expense ratio. It takes away a set % of your savings each and every year. It can often be easily reduced by switching to similar investments with lower expense ratios.


Your Feedback has been sent successfully!