Investment Test Drive

EVCLX EValuator Conservative RMS Instl

2 lower fee alternatives found

FeeX scanned the market for similar funds with lower fees and better past returns
Show results with
Fund EVCLX EValuator Conservative RMS Instl VASIX Vanguard LifeStrategy Income Inv MSCBX Manning & Napier Strategic Inc Cnsrv S  
100% 85% 85%
Annual Fees
(1.00% Exp. Ratio)
(0.12% Exp. Ratio)
(0.88% Exp. Ratio)
Future Est. Balance in 30 yrs
Assuming 2.44% annual return
$15,263.41 $19,904.53 $15,828.31
Est. savings over 30 yrs +$4,641.11 +$564.90
As of 9/30/16
1 YR RETURN 6.62%
3 YR 4.32%
5 YR --
10 YR --
1 YR RETURN 7.33%
3 YR 5.02%
5 YR 5.28%
10 YR 4.61%
1 YR RETURN 8.35%
3 YR 5.14%
5 YR --
10 YR --
The investment seeks primarily to provide current income and, as a secondary objective, to provide growth through a small degree of exposure to equity markets. The fund normally invests in the securities of other investment companies (including open-end funds, ETFs) and closed-end funds. It will allocate 60%-90% of its assets into a variety of underlying funds that focus on investments in fixed income securities (e.g., money markets and bonds) that possess varying qualities of credit and duration. The remaining 10%-40% of its assets will be generally allocated to equity securities that have the potential of providing dividends and growth on an annual basis.
The investment seeks current income and some capital appreciation. The fund invests in other Vanguard mutual funds according to a fixed formula that reflects an allocation of approximately 80% of the fund's assets to bonds and 20% to common stocks. Its indirect bond holdings are a diversified mix of short-, intermediate-, and long-term U.S. government, U.S. agency, and investment-grade U.S. corporate bonds; mortgage-backed and asset-backed securities; and government, agency, corporate, and securitized investment-grade foreign bonds issued in currencies other than the U.S. dollar (but hedged by Vanguard to minimize foreign currency exposure).
The investment seeks to manage against capital risk and generate income with a secondary goal of pursuing long-term capital growth. The fund is designed to generate income, pursue capital growth in order to provide purchasing power protection, and to manage risk. It may invest in a combination of the Core Bond Series, Disciplined Value Series, Equity Income Series, Global Fixed Income Series, High Yield Bond Series, Real Estate Series, and Unconstrained Bond Series, as well as other Series of the fund.

Join FeeX to view all alternatives, get more data and filtering options, and be able to automatically scan all your investments for lower fee replacements.

It's free!

The fees, balance and savings information above are estimated numbers, based on the data FeeX had at the day of publication, but may not be accurate due to incomplete or erroneous data.

The best choice is based on a combined analysis of lowest fees and highest similarity to the original fund.


FeeX's similarity algorithm analyzes over 15 investment characteristics like investment category, asset allocation, strategy, geographical allocation and more. FeeX gives each its own weight and calculates the similarity of any two investments based on a scale of 0 to 100%. Funds with a similarity ranking of 85% and higher are considered "similar".

Yes, funds and ETFs charge fees

Deep within every fund you own lies a hidden fee called expense ratio. It takes away a set % of your savings each and every year. It can often be easily reduced by switching to similar investments with lower expense ratios.


Your Feedback has been sent successfully!