At one point or another we’ve all found ourselves with no money. We also all know that when you have no money you need to start making money. Quick.
If you are wondering how to make money with no money, you’ve come to the right place. I’ll break down a number of options available to you.
Some of these options may be obvious, but hopefully at least a couple of the ideas shared will either be completely new to you. I know
Get a job
Getting a job is the easiest way to make money. Contrary to popular belief, there are always a ton of jobs available. They may not be jobs that are desirable or high-paying, but there are always companies looking for employees.
Perhaps you are having trouble finding work in your field or specialty. Here are some suggestions for the type of work that requires minimal prior work experience and qualifications:
- Restaurant Cook
- Delivery Driver
- Various Retail Jobs
- Stock Room/Receiving
This is just a small sampling of the kinds of jobs that you can get if you need one ASAP. The restaurant and retail industry has high turnover and typically is willing to train employees, making them two of the easiest places to land a job quickly.
Assuming you need money relatively soon and do not have money to invest in a business, there are a number of good “old fashioned” labor jobs that can help you make money with no money.
Here are three ideas of freelance-type work that may be appealing to you:
- Pet Care – There are millions of pets in the United States. They all need to be cared for, and many owners do not have the time or capacity to give them the care they need. For example, in many households people are gone for 10+ hours at a time due to work, meaning there is no one at home to let the dog out.One way to make money with pet care is to watch a pet while the owner is on vacation or out of town. If you are available in the middle of the day you may be able to land a few jobs walking people’s dogs.
- Landscaping – If you enjoy mowing the lawn and other landscape-related work, doing freelance landscape jobs could be the perfect way to make money with no money. There is a lot of demand for this type of work because a yard requires constant upkeep. Upkeep can only be put off so long and many owners don’t enjoy landscaping and yard upkeep.
- Child Care – Remember when I said people are too busy working long days to let their dogs out in the middle of the day? An even greater need is child care.There is a high level of demand for nannies and babysitters. If you are interested in this type of work I would recommend both reaching out to people you know as well as setting up a profile on care.com.
For all of these ideas it would be best to start with people you know, but the clients you serve will likely expand over time as your clients refer others to you. All these ideas can be started with no money.
Make Money Online
Making money online is a very popular thing these days. It can take money to make money online, though, so instead of talking about blogging, freelance writing, or other things that take time and money to start making money I will share three very easy ways to make money online immediately and with no money needed.
- Qmee – Qmee is a service that will from time-to-time list additional search results on a sidebar. If you click on these search results, you get paid. You won’t make a ton of money using Qmee, but most people make around $5 a month and it costs nothing to get started.
- Enter Giveaways – Every single week there are hundreds – if not thousands – of giveaways on the internet. Countless blogs, companies, and organizations run giveaways. I can personally vouch for this idea as my wife and I have won over 100 online giveaways and my website has hosted or co-hosted close to 25 the past couple years alone. One thing to keep in mind is that winning giveaways for things you don’t want is just as good as winning giveaways for things you want. For example, my wife and I have won between 10-40 giveaways for baby and kid-related products. We’ve sold or given them as gifts. I also recently won an iPad Air. Since I don’t use Apple products I will sell it and put the money towards something else.
- Get paid to post on Social Media – You may have no money, but do you have accounts on social media? You may be surprised to find out that many companies are willing to pay “regular” people to post tweets, Facebook posts, and other social media content. Check out IZEA if this interests you.
These are just a few ways to make money online with no money, and there’s countless additional ways to make money online.
Here are three more ways to make money with no money:
- Sell Plasma – Selling plasma is one of the best ways to make money because it requires little to no effort. Not only that, you can do it once or twice a week so it’s consistent income.
- Participate in a Clinical Study – There are a countless number of medical research programs that go on every single day. In many of these clinical studies the researchers need people to participate. Medical research is typically funded, so the researchers compensate those who participate.
- Sell Possessions – Nearly everyone has something they don’t need, and many people have lots of stuff they don’t need. List it all on Craigslist or eBay for some quick cash.
- Flip things on Craigslist – I know what you’re thinking: it costs money to “flip” things. This technically isn’t true, though.There is a free section on Craigslist that lists countless things people are willing to give away for free. Go and pick up some of these things and re-list them; except this time list them with a price tag.Who knows? You may get a lot of money for something that someone else was happy to get rid of for free.
If you’ve been wondering how to make money with no money, hopefully you found your answer in this post. With a little creativity and commitment it’s definitely possible to make money with no money. Give some of these ideas a try and feel free to share your own ideas in the comments.